Last Modified: February 17, 2020
1. Information Collected.
If you register to use our services or certain features of our Website, you will need to provide certain personal and demographic information, which may include your name, email address, agency name, agency address, home address, telephone number, and other personal information, all of which we will collect. You, as an Insurance Agent, may also provide information about your clients and potential client when submitting information through the Website, which may be in the form of insurance applications and forms, requesting quotes for products, and through other features offered on our Websites, all of which we will collect. You may also submit information to USG via a contact form, the content of which we collect.
Regardless of whether you are an individual or Insurance Agent who have registered with USG, each time you access our Website we may collect information about you and your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with our Website and services. We may also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times, and referring website addresses.
We do not collect, process, maintain, or retain any of your payment information or that of the clients and potential clients of an Insurance Agent.
If you are an Insurance Agent, by submitting personally identifying information via the Website on behalf of your client or potential client, you are representing that you have obtained any and all necessary prior authorization from such person, and USG shall not be liable for any incomplete, inaccurate, or other content you provide to USG in using our Websites.
2. Use of Information.
We use the information that we collect about you or you provide to us, including personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information you may request from us.
- To process and respond to inquiries and emails, and provide technical support.
- To generate invoices and provide third-party payment processing services.
- To provide you with notices about your account or use of our Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide any information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your email address to send updates, newsletters, and other emails relating to USG’s Website and services and your use of those services. We may also use information collected through our Website for research regarding the effectiveness of the Website and the marketing, advertising, and sales efforts of both USG and our trusted affiliates. Your personal information may be shared with USG’s current or future owners or subsidiaries. USG will not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to third parties without your express permission. We may provide information that does not personally identify you to third parties, such as information concerning your access and use of our Website, or information that is made anonymous and aggregated with that of other users.
3. Disclosure of Your Information.
- To our affiliate entities, which may be collectively identified as the USG Family of Companies on our Website.
- To insurance companies and underwriters as necessary and appropriate to provide our services to you.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as database storage and backups, order fulfillment, research and surveys, credit-card processing, accounting and legal services, and marketing communications. We may share your information, including personally identifiable information, with these third parties as necessary and appropriate for those third parties to perform those functions and provide those services to us and to you.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of USG’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by USG about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To government and regulatory agencies as required by law or regulation.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide any information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, as well as any applicable government and regulatory agency reporting requirements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of USG, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. Unsolicited Email.
We may send you promotional emails regarding our products and services. If at any time you want to opt-out of receiving promotional emails regarding our products and services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click the “Unsubscribe” link in any email received from us. When contacting us, please provide your email address so we handle your request correctly. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future email communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry regarding transactions and for transactional purposes related to your account. We do not sell, lease, or rent our email lists to third parties.
Our Website may use “cookies” to enable you to sign in to our services and to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Your browser allows you to reject cookies and software is available from third parties which will allow you to visit our Website without providing this information. You may access USG’s Website even if you are blocking cookies, but please note that blocking cookies while visiting our Website may result in certain parts of the Website not operating correctly, and it may affect USG’s ability to offer you personalized services.
Our Website may also use web beacons to monitor the activity of visitors on our Website, including how you interact with the content on our Website.
6. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
7. Third Party Behavioral Tracking.
We do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
Our Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We will make our best efforts to store information collected by USG in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, but we cannot guarantee complete security, and therefore USG cannot and does not ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors could compromise the security of your information at any time.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
If you have any reason to believe that your information is being compromised or is no longer secure, you should notify us immediately.
10. Access and Update Your Information
USG strives to ensure that your personal information is accurately recorded and stored. To protect your privacy, security and to avoid inaccuracies, we are happy to provide you with access to information we retain personal to yourself only.
To request details of your personal data held by USG or if you would like to update, correct or remove your information, please write to the following address:
USG Insurance Services, Inc.
1000 Town Center Way, Suite 300
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Please provide your name, address and telephone number. Also provide brief details of the information required or changes to be made to our records as this will help us to accurately deliver your data requirements. For the protection of all our customers, we will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
11. Your California Privacy Rights.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit:https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB375
13. Acceptance of this Policy.
14. Questions or Concerns.
Regular mail: 1000 Town Center Way Suite 300 Canonsburg, PA 15317